Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My Escape to Maggie Stiefvater's "Shiver"

My Escape to Shiver-land has now ended. I have finished the 390 page book.


From cover to cover of this hardbound novel I was enraptured. The cliff hanger ending makes me want to go get the second book-- "Linger". Without a doubt I have to know what happens next.
The 3rd book has a release date of July the 12th. I will be reading this one as well and writing a review of each of these books.


Sam is a most endearing creature. He longs for so many things. A misguided and tortured soul who wants only one thing in his life. I bet you can guess what this is.. but I am not going to tell you.
Grace is also a vibrant soul. Maybe I should say stoic on the outside. Her life is captured when she was young and since that time, her life circles her back to the one thing that is a constant. Like the fates of our daily lives usually do.


I cannot say enough about this book. It is very hard to not give away the many poetic and meaningful scenes inside these pages. Every last letter on every last page was worth it!




I hope you find your next Escape inside this book and eventually this series. It is one of the best I have seen in its genre in a great while.


Thank you Maggie Stiefvater for letting us Escape to Minnesota and to Boundary Wood. I know I cannot wait to visit with Sam and Grace again soon!


-JP

1 comment:

Ceri Hebert said...

Sounds like an awesome book! And don't you just love series. :)
Welcome to the world of blogging.